Friday, March 6, 2009

Sex? On my internet? It's more likely than you think.

You know, okay, I get that people are pimping young girls on Craigslist and that's bad, but to sue Craigslist to try and make people stop? To sue when according to the story Craigslist is working with 43 out of 50 states to crack down on illegal sex trades.

One might mention that if prostitution were legal, inspected, and took place in regulated brothels a lot of these problems would either go away or be greatly reduced. Most of the really nasty shit that takes place in that underworld is supplemented by the fact that the initial act is illegal. I mean if you're already going to go to jail for selling sex, how much worse can they make it for selling a 15 year old for sex? Or a 10 year old even? If you're already breaking one law by selling sex, and breaking another by having an underage girl, why not break three and have her sell drugs to the John too? Hell, why not beat the girls and kidnap them and rape them and have your friends rape them so they get used to doing 10 guys a day? I mean, they can only put you in the gas chamber once, right? What am I saying, no one would ever kill someone for raping a 15 year old girl! What nonsense! They'd probably give him 10 hours of community service. Fucking idiots.

And... I'm not sure if it's the way the story is written or if this sheriff really thinks this way or maybe I’m reading into it, but it reads like this guy thinks prostitution never existed before the internet came along. It’s like no one had ever thought to sell sex before. Then someone looked at a computer and said "HEY! I bet you could sell pussy with this thing!" and then suddenly BOOM there were people taking their clothes off for this new fangled internet thingy (Because hot babes were just DYING for a reason to get naked in front of computer geeks but didn't know how to broach the subject) and realizing that there was money to be made if they offered to have sex which could be paid for over PayPal.

This whole thing just feels like a publicity stunt, like this one sheriff wanted to get his name in the paper and look like he’s “Really trying to do something!®” by trying to force Craigslist to take down the section where people can get together for the purposes of fucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment