The Seven-Ups is a movie you've probably never heard of. There is a reasons for this. It's not a great movie. Not bad, not exactly, but it wants to be across between Dirty Harry and The French Connection and it doesn't really make it. I have a problem when a movie tries to make a car wash seem dramatic by blaring the scary orchestra stabs at me. No, I'm not joking. The orchestra also goes crazy when a guy is dropped off by a cab and the cab turns around to leave. Yeah, the music starts about the time he gets out the cab and stops as the cab drives away after turning around. It's just another early 70s New York cop movie and while it's not a complete waste of time I think I would only watch it again in the company of bots. The big car chase had everything except two guys carrying a big plate glass window across the street.
The St. Valentine's Day Massacre faired better with Syd and I. I was thinking it was going to be cheep shlocky stuff upon seeing it was Directed by Roger Corman, but no! Actually it was pretty good. It was pretty historically accurate, not too over done or silly, I liked it. There is just one bit where Corman takes the camera handheld during a fight and it just doesn’t fit with the rest of the movie. Over all though, I approve.
No comments:
Post a Comment