Friday, March 6, 2009

Maybe, but not for me

Why The Smartest People Have The Toughest Time Dating

Now what I said to popfiend is...
I'm going to go with 3 and 5 but 1, 2 and 4 don't really work because I put a different emphasis on things than this guy clearly did.

I'll break it down quickly. Please read the article (Or glance at the bullet points) so you know where I am.

1. Smart people spent more time on achievements than on relationships when growing up.
No. I didn't much care about QuizBowl or Chess club or any of that lot. I was actually VERY interested in girls from age 0 on up. I never discovered girls, I knew they were there all along.

2. Smart people feel that they're entitled to love because of their achievements.
No, Nice Guys feel this way. I feel I'm entitled to love because I treat the people I care about in a respectful manner and can cause them to spontaneously orgasm by giving them "The Look"
Maybe other smart people who have achieved great things feel this way. Me? I've achieved getting the girls. Girls/love/whatever you want to call it was the goal.

bleep bloop!


3. You don't feel like a fully-realized sexual being, and therefore don't act like one.
Is true sometimes. Even for me. Is sad. But then to be fully realized, I think I would need to reinforce the floor to hold all the women my imagination thinks I can please at one go. It's not realistic, but it's this dream I have.

4. You're exceptionally talented at getting in the way of your own romantic success.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAAAAno.

5. By virtue (or vice) of being smart, you eliminate most of the planet's inhabitants as a dating prospect
I believe I covered this subject earlier this week.
Freeze dried version since I've been linked: They're called standards and if more people stuck to them the world would be in a better place! If you're worried about not getting a smart one, just admit that there are a limited number of smart people in the world and go poly. My rigorous selection process has helped me avoid teh dramas for many years.


Thing is though, I think that broadly speaking this guy has probably nailed it. My difference is that I saw girls as something to achieve so I started studying them right along with Transformers and History.

No comments:

Post a Comment