Saturday, February 21, 2009

Henry Ford Museum, Out of Doors

There are a pair of small courtyards at the Henry Ford Museum, and some nice architecture outside. Nothing too fancy, because we're talking 20th Century construction, but still.

DSC04358



You see that lamp? Notice how it looks? You know why it looks like that?
DSC04934

A bird’s nest. Yeah. I wasted perfectly good digital “film” on a bird’ nest in a lamp that didn’t even have a bird in it.
DSC04938
Don’t judge me.

I was trying for some nice depth of field shots with this. Not sure if I got there or not.
DSC04916

I presume you can go in that little building, but I didn’t want to walk across all the snow to see.
DSC04912

I just like how the melt water looked on the marble.
DSC04925
Real marble! If you go to the new parts of the museum, you can see where the new stuff starts because they use brushed concrete instead of marble, which I think is a damn shame. I don’t have any shots of that because I noticed it after I’d run out of room on my cards.

I just liked the pretty pattern that this walk way produced.
DSC04921

More building stuff…
DSC04358

DSC04918

DSC04923

DSC04353

DSC04354

DSC04992

This seems to be the only shot I have of the other courtyard. I liked the way the snow looked on the roots.
DSC04951

DSC04656

No comments:

Post a Comment