Thursday, July 16, 2009

Of Cups and Kittens

DSC08447

Holly got this set of pewter cups and serving tray from a co-worker. We're trying to work out how old it is. I'm assuming the answer is either "not very" or if it is old then "not old enough to be of any real value."

One thing I want to know is if it's safe to drink from. I'm told that lead pewter should be sort of blueish when it tarnishes, this is just sort of dull gray. They do need a good polishing whatever their safety levels are. I'm told I can get a swab from the hardware store and find out in like 5 minutes. I'm told this by the internet though, and the internet thinks Chuck Norris is some kind of super man despite the fact he lost a fight to a man who thought so little of him he made chicken noises through the whole fight, so what does the internet know? If you want to find an indestructible man I would like to point out that that swords, stones, electricity, glass, and 100 foot falls from clock towers onto his head have failed to kill Jackie Chan, and he never even debased himself by flying on a jetpack.

But I digress.

DSC08447
Their a little dirty, jsut need some polish.

DSC08453
They fit well in my might hand, can't say how they'd work for you poor mortals.

DSC08461
While the stamping isn't uniform in depth or placement (So I assume they're done by hand) all the cups have the same basic stamping on the bottom.

DSC08497
The tray is slightly different.

That's enopugh pewter, let's get to the kitten.
DSC08396

DSC08403
This is her Thriller tribute. She misses Mr. Jackson so much.

DSC08411
DSC08414
She sleeps for your sins.

DSC08419
DSC08436
DSC08440
DSC08383
DSC08382

No comments:

Post a Comment