I tried to watch the literal video for Total Eclipse of the Heart, but I just couldn't finish it. For one thing, while she can sort of sing, the girl is nowhere near Bonnie Tyler's voice. She’d need to have her lungs replaced with leaf blowers and smoke a million Lucky Strikes to even approach what Bonnie had going on. The guy who did Take on Me at least sounded sort of like the singer for A-Ha, but this chick is no where near the power or vibe. She was just weak, and reminds me that people think women are pretty much interchangable. It would be like getting Michael Jackson to sing for Meatloaf. Oh and that's not far off from the guy they got to sing for the Loaf in the I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) video. The fact that literal video degenerated into potty humor that just wasn't funny didn't help either.
And besides, do you need a literal translation for the Total Eclipse of The Heart video? Isn't it already clear enough what's going on? Do you really need it spelled out for you?
Let's watch together shall we?
It's pretty simple really...
"In 1983, Bonnie Tyler was everything you ever wanted a cougar to be."
TA-DA!
Seriously, the woman could bring a dead tree to orgasm just by singing to it.
Oh, and the ninjas are in there because ninjas were very "IN" at the time. It has nothing to do with her fucking you with the power of her voice alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment