Friday, December 26, 2008

Nice things

One of the nice things about VEWPRF is that people will buy you neat things that you'd never buy yourself. Not because they're too expensive or because they're impractical, but because they're dumb. Give you an example.

Syd's brother got The Marvel Encyclopedia and brought it over to show us. And I was thinking, "Gosh, that's neat." while also thinking, "You do know about Wikipedia, right?" And while he probably does know that the Marvel Database exists, or at least he can find the wiki articles, that doesn't stop the book from being really cool. It's one thing to be able to look up a six page article on one of the less well known X-Force members, it's another to be able to flip through a book and read over a who’s who of Marvel lore.

I didn't actually get anything like that because I totally NEEDED a Konjo knife. Needed. Not wanted but wouldn't buy myself. It was a requirement for the continuation of life on this planet and it's just as cool as I hoped it would be. I also needed a switchblade, an HTF Recon knife (which is a lot bigger and chunkier than it looks in the photo), a samurai movie, some Stephen King movies, Red Vs Blue Box set, Terry Jones' Medieval Lives, Halo 2, um… sure there were a few other things. OH, Some toys and candy and stuff. New edition of Scene It, that’s cool. See? All needed things, that are important to life.

The knives especially, but it’s all important stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment