Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Haven't done a Five Things post in a while

1. I am currently staving off (if staving is the word I want) a massive headache by taking hourly hits of Excedrin by the handful. It's helping a little, but not enough. It also brings its own special new problems with it.

2. Yatzee of Zero Punctuation fame has reviewed Duke Nukem Forever, and it's possibly the best review for any game you'll ever see.

3. I have been about three seconds away from a full blown screaming fit for the last week or so. I blame the weather and George Lucas. Because all of us Star Wars fans blame George Lucas for everything.

4. There is a turtle wandering around in the front lawn. Not the back, where the pond is, but the front. I have no idea what he (or she) is doing there, but pictures will come as soon as I upload them.

5. I think it's time for a Seven Samurai sequel/prequel. That's not an and/or there by the way. I want a Seven Samurai sequel and prequel all rolled into one. And if you could find a way for Kikuchiyo to have survived (OMG! SPOILER!) and get a smart talking teen side kick, that would be AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Back in February, I recorded an overnight Japanese film trilogy on AMC that featured Seven Samurai (one of my favorite films of all time), Roshomon (my second favorite from Akira Kurosawa) and Kwaidan, which I haven't seen yet. But with school and work, etc. they've just been sitting there in my DVR. I just told myself last night that I'm going to watch them while my son is away this weekend. Probably tomorrow night.

    And you're a Star Wars fan?! I'm glad I found your blog. We're going to get along splendidly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven Samurai is just about my favorite movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant triple feature. Not trilogy. I hate when I do that.

    I love it too. (the film, that is)

    ReplyDelete