Wednesday, April 1, 2009

FUN!

Okay, so here is what's going on.

It's decided to rain... again.
Big surprise, I know. We've had more water falling from the sky in the last four months than we've had in the last four years*. Lake Superior has risen 5 inches since November**.
This means that it being spring, and there being fresh mold, new plants and other such lovelies coming up again, I have begun sneezing. Sneezing is fun because I sneeze sometimes 35 times in a row*** and the repeated shock of sneezing sends waves of pain down my arms, and legs as well as kick starting headaches. The difference in pressures also means that my hands are swollen, meaty lumps made of pure arthritic pain and misery. I can type, but who wants to when that's all you have to talk about? I can sort of cook, but the pain my me paws means holding things like knives and spatulas become an adventure wherein our hero learns how to hold things without his thumb because those hurt most of all.

Add to that the fact that everyone else in the house was as cheerful as me and you get the idea that we've had quite a fun day here.


In other news, I totally want to build an O'Neill Cylinder in my back yard.




FANCY'S FUN FACTS!
*This estimate is incredibly exaggerated
**This isn't.
***We've counted. Well, I've counted. Al and Folly normally run within the first or second sneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment