Monday, December 7, 2009

Open Lette to a Year (a poem)

Dear 2009,

Hell has come
High water has come
Death, destruction, and the end of the world
And yet, I remain standing.
I am going to cook those fucking turduckens.
Yeah, TurduckenS
PLURAL!
Nothing can stop this now.
I will keep calm and I will carry on.
I've dealt with pretty much everything in and around your borders
Dying relatives, new kittens, flooded houses, and more bullshit than I care to relate.
The Sick, The Elderly, the stupid and the strong
The good, the bad, the ugly and the adorable
I've dealt with a guy driving with the ghost of Adolph Hitler riding next to him.
I've dealt with a riveter who wants to fist someone up to the elbow.
And yet, here I stand.
My lights are still on.
As I said they would be.
I said you wouldn't be able to crush my VEWPRF spirit
and you can't.

I've got this bell, it rings.
I've got these candles, they chase away the dark
I've got this bloody-minded sense of determination, it starts to get a little bit scary after a while
My point is, you won't sink this holiday.


You can go die in a fire 2009
You can go to hell
You can fuck right the fucking fuck off... fucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment