Last night, I went to bed right?
Normal thing to do and no reason to get the house into an uproar.
I go to sleep right? Again, normal thing to do.
I start dreaming, which is what you do when you’re sleeping.
Ah, but then the narrative turns and our story takes a darker edge.
This is where we get a bit Rashomon.
Syd claims that at this point I started moaning in my sleep, and not in a good way.
I claim I started having a sleep paralysis episode and couldn’t move nor speak. I was also ratcheting up with panic, because that’s what happens during one of those episodes.
Syd decided to shake me, in hopes that I might shut the fuck up and let her get back to sleep someday. More fool her.
The result wasn’t the small “uhn?” she was expecting. Instead, my entire body spasmed and I screamed like a girl with the biggest spider on her ever. She had to grab on to me to stop me from flying out of the bed and bashing my own skull in on the table. It was all over in about two seconds, but those were a bad two seconds. Basically, the high panic level in my dream all came out at once.
Holly came running in to find out what the hell the problem was, the cats went running in all directions, and had Syd not gone to the bathroom before bed she probably would have wet herself.
Not fun, but we did manage to get back to sleep eventually after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment