Thursday, April 3, 2008

Calvin

There is an old Calvin and Hobbs cartoon* where Calvin has a very bad day. It's a sunday strip so there are lots of panels for him to have a bad day in. It's nothing major, no deaths or anything, just a lot of little things that slowly crush him. At the end of the day his mother kisses him on the forehead and says something like "Sleep well, tomorrow is another big day" and the last panel is him sitting in the dark with a tiny *sigh* hanging over his head and a worried look on his simply, but perfectly drawn face.

I do know that feeling a bit.

Particularly when I feel like I've been the only one awake for about a month or so (really about 3 hours now, but it feels longer sometimes) all depending on where I am in my 25 to 31 hour day cycle. I get between 2 and 3 hours a day with Hol and Syd if I'm lucky. Then Hol goes to bed and a Syd plays her game or something and then she goes to bed and then I'm all alone again until I finally go to sleep myself.

There is then another day like that to look forward to.

*Yeah, like Watterson has been pumping out new ones lately. I mean C&H have only been retired for 2 years longer than they were active at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment