Syd thought I should watch the New Thundercats show, so she showed it to me. Some of you can probably see the error in her ways already.
I didn't like the first two episodes of the new Thundercats. It was one of the most Tropetastic pieces of shit I've seen in years. I mean look at that TV Tropes page. Look how long it is, there have only been like 6 episodes so far and it's longer than the original series' page! There was not a word, idea, or concept that we hadn't seen a million times before. It was like they heard about the Hero's Journey but didn't even bother to read the wikipedia page on it. I was seriously sitting there shouting at the screen after a while... "I'd only slow you down? Really?" and second later "I'm not ready? Did he just say, I'm not ready! Holy fuck! Is there a single word in this thing that's original?"
And then episode 3 was Moby Dick (complete with lines from the book) and after bitching my way through that episode Syd decided I was a lost cause and went to bed. I didn't watch anymore after that, I think I've probably had enough. When Highlander the Animated Series has more originality (and more memorable music) then your show is fucked.
While I'm here though...
If I may ask, where were the guards for Heir Apparent Lion-O when he was getting in fights in the first episode? He's the next king and people are getting ready to kill him and only Tygra gets in the way? The fuck? I don't care if he was unpopular, that shit just don't fly. And why the fuck doesn't Snarf talk? Snarf was the lynchpin of that show. He was the one who watched over Lion-o and made sure he did the right thing. Without Snarf the show is lost! And if one of you mother fuckers compares him to Orko I will slap the taste outta yer mouth. Orko was a trouble causing twerp, Snarf was the guiding light of that show and I will NOT have you comparing him to Oroko!
No comments:
Post a Comment