I'm not going to bitch about advertisements, because there is no point. Those people are simply responding to market forces. If their research shows that girls buy things marketed to girls and boys buy things marketed to boys, who are you to call them wrong? There is something you can do about it though, don't fall for their bullshit. Just because there are only boys in the Nerf Dart Blaster
What's my solution? Buy your little girl an official Daisy Red Ryder 70th Anniversary Edition BB gun air rifle
If you let kids just get on with things, they'll work it out for themselves. Yes, one of the two gifts will probably end up collecting dust, you just pay attention and adjust accordingly. So long as you let the kids know that they can have whatever toys they think they want, then things will go smoothly. Also, don’t get your kids a Brats fake laptop. Just get yourself a new laptop and let them use your old one. I mean… damn! My nephew had his mother’s iPad worked out before she got it out of the box. Kids know computers and you need to get them using one as soon as possible. Get them the real thing as soon as you can. I know I was talking about play kitchens a moment ago, but I would really suggest buying them a set of pans and pots that are just theirs to use and show them how to use the kitchen safely.
Now, I know what you're wondering. You're saying "That's all nice and good, but what about when Grandma/Aunt Mertle/My Parents/whoever the fuck else starts complaining about me not forcing my child to play with toys approved for their gender assigned rolls?" Well, what I say to you is that there is a reason Mr. Ruger invented the Mark III. YEP! I'm stepping right over saying things like "Please don't assign your idea of gender roles to my child" and going right for firearms. Why? Because fuck those people! I'm sick of their shit and I've never liked them anyway. Open fire, that's what I say. Yes, it's a .22, but you're only going to shoot them in the knee. It's VEWPRF, we don't want to spoil it by killing anyone. Besides, you get close enough and you can shoot their eye out and kill them. Why should you have to put up with other people's homophobia? Fuck 'em, let 'em know there are consequences to their bullshit. The sooner they learn you are NOT fucking around, the easier you’ll find the holidays to be.
*I love to cook and always have, I just never wanted to bake half a cookie over a lightbulb when I could just make cookies in the real live oven in the kitchen. When you can cook at the age of five and get to use real Difficult Bake Ovens, the lightbulb variety leaves much to be desired. I suppose this proves my point for me in a way though.
No comments:
Post a Comment