Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Counterpoint: Bruce Wayne


I am not from the same situation as most of you, but I have had my share of hardships. I was born into the very lap of luxury. The only child of the wealthiest family in the state, and loved by them like no child was ever loved. And then, one day, I watched them die by violence before my very eyes.

Since that day, I have done everything in my power to try and see to it that no other child suffers that fate. I set up The Wayne Foundation to not only help fight crime, but to fight the causes of crime.

We offer grants, scholarships, and low cost loans for our citizens, so that the poorest among us might get ahead. We’ve built build affordable housing and provided it at costs that should mean I get a nice tax break for running non-profit establishments. I keep paying my taxes though, because it’s important to do your part.

I’ve spent millions of the dollars my father made, and I’ll go on spending millions. It might seem reckless, but the world needs the help that a man like me can provide. I’ve done so much for this city, that sometimes it feels like I have no life outside of my personal quest to save it. I don’t mind though, because sometimes I feel like I’ve actually made a difference, and if we all stand together, we might see ourselves through this dark night.

I’m Bruce Wayne. I am part of the 1%, but I stand with the 99%.


No comments:

Post a Comment